Friday, December 6, 2019

Chatterbox (Singapore, SINGAPORE) ★★★☆☆

I was supposed to be having chicken rice at Lucky Plaza tonight but after checking out the place personally, I thought better and went with a much more familiar place on Orchard Road.



Chatterbox at Mandarin Orchard will forever be known for their Mandarin chicken rice. It's been in the conversation for the best chicken rice in Singapore for more than a decade now but I think that title is no longer theirs anymore.



I was very very tired. My iPhone said I walked a little more than 10,000 steps but it had to be much more than that. 



I have to give the team behind Chatterbox a lot of credit for coming up with all these new fusion dishes. Last time I was here, they were doing a laksa pasta dish and this time around, stir-fried fish paste noodle with seafood. But too bad I didn't have SGD$38 to spend tonight.



Char Kway Teow (SDG$28) - I decided to go with a dish I am quite familiar with, their Char Kway Teow. The wok-fried rice noodles were nicely tossed with prawns, cockles, fish cake and crispy anchovy in a sweet soy sauce. Today must be my lucky day too, since this also came with two seared scallops (large ones too!). I didn't remember having them last time I was here. This was pretty good as always, although tonight the mild spicy kick was somehow missing. That took part of the enjoyment away.





Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Level 5, Mandarin Orchard Hotel, 333 Orchard Road, Singapore
Closest Metro Station: Somerset
Tel: +65 6737-4411
Website: Link
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 11:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think