Thursday, December 5, 2019

Antoinette Millenia Walk (Singapore, SINGAPORE) ★★★☆☆

After enjoying a pretty decent chicken rice at Wee Nam Kee (威南記海南雞飯), I wasted no time heading over to the neighboring Millenia Walk for some sweet treats before I call it the night.

Millenia Walk is a relatively small shopping mall with very limited shopping options but they offer some interesting selections for desserts (Patisserie G, Commune Cafe, The Dark Gallery and Pullman Bakery just to name a few). Tonight, I am going to roll my dice with Antoinette.



It was sad to learn that Antoinette has recently closed down their tea salon at Mandarin Gallery. The location was perfect there for me but this one wasn’t all that bad (at least it’s close to my hotel).




Antoinette ($11) - The French brasserie and dessert cafe’s namesake pastry. Presentation didn’t really do it justice as it looked rather simple and rough around the edges. To sum it up, it looked boring!



This is a very busy dessert. There were a lot of ingredients in there including milk chocolate mousse which had been wonderfully infused with earl grey tea, dark chocolate earl grey tea cremeux and earl grey tea crumble all sitting on a thin layer of crispy chocolate biscuit. It’s definitely a chocolate and earl grey tea lover’s dream.

I like the raspberry coulis placed on top of the cake too. It reminded me so much of the “spheres” from molecular cuisine (made with spherification). Kind of exposed in my mouth with a burst of acidity and sweetness. Very exciting.



They also offer a small selection of bread with local influence (curry bread, laksa baguette toast etc.). Too bad I was already stuffed.



This turned out to be the entire opposite of the experience I had at Antoinette’s neighbor, Patisserie G. At Patisserie G, I was always fascinated by the looks of their pastries but only to be completely let down by the flavors. Antoinette is completely the other way around.



Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$$
Address: #01-28 Millenia Walk, 9 Raffles Boulevard, Singapore
Closest Metro Station: Esplanade
Tel: +65 6235-5109
Website: www.antoinette.com.sg
Opening Hours: 8:00am - 10:00pm (Mon - Fri), 10:00am - 10:00pm (Sat - Sun)




Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think