Thursday, December 26, 2019

Luke's Lobster Omotesando (Tokyo, JAPAN) ★★★☆☆

Last month, I asked mom to name the best dish she ever had in Japan and to my surprise (and disappointment), she brought up Luke's lobster roll without much hesitation. That's kind of funny considering the fact that the brand doesn't really originate from Japan. Anyways...since we were doing some shopping in Omotesando this afternoon, I thought I should bring her over to Luke's Omotesando (表参道店) so she could get re-acquainted with her favorite lobster roll.

Surprisingly, no long lineup!



I thought my little nugget might want to get into the action a bit so I told my server not to add any wasabi powder on top. That turned out to be a poor decision on my part coz without the extra kick of spiciness, the lobster roll tasted a little bland. But on the bright side, there were loads of lobster meat in there as usual and the buttery brioche so good (okay, I'm exaggerating a bit).

 

José Andrés is one of my favorite chefs from America so his limited-time-only lobster roll certainly appealed to me. But since mom doesn't eat spicy (look at those jalapeño rockets sticking out from the lobster roll), I think I'd leave it until next Christmas.
 







Food Rating: 6/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 6 Chome-7-1 Jingūmae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 150-0001 Japan
Closest Metro Station: Meiji-jingumae / Omotesando
Tel: +81 3-5778-3747
Website: www.lukeslobster.com/location/omotesando-japan
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 8:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think