Sunday, November 6, 2016

Ten-ichi Ginza Ikebukuro 銀座天一 池袋西武店 (Tokyo, JAPAN) ★★☆☆☆

We have a relatively light schedule on our second day in Tokyo. Following a brief visit to Omotesando, we then took off to Ikebukuro where we're supposed to check out a few things for our little nugget including a tricycle which we planned to bring home from Tokyo.

I have to admit, it's been at least a decade since I last visited Ikebukuro and naturally, I got a little excited about it. But right before we started bringing out that shopping list, it was time for a quick refill at Seibu Ikebukuro.



I love all those Japanese restaurants that do just one thing but do it so well. Ten-ichi (銀座天一) is one of the classic examples. They're regarded by foodies, international and local, as one of the best tempura in Tokyo. They just do tempura but they do it right!



I just needed a quick bite so I went straight for their Tendon (a Japanese dish consisting of tempura on a bowl of rice or 天丼). They have a number of versions of that on the menu including this one called bamboo (竹), which consisted of prawns, okra and eggplant.

While I like the bouncy texture of the prawn tempura, the batter was way too soggy much to my disappointment.







Food Rating: 4/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 8/F Seibu Ikebukuro, 1 Chome-28-1 Minamiikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Ikebukuro
Tel: +81 3-3984-1930
Website: www.tenichi.co.jp



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think