Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Pâtisserie Yamakawa (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

For the ninth month in a roll, I'm getting my little pumpkin a different birthday cake to celebrate his arrival to our family. Trust me, it's really no easy feat to find 9 quality cake shops in the city. I have checked out a number of places this week before finally deciding on Pâtisserie Yamakawa, a small cake counter at Harbour City's City Super.



Black tea mousse cake with lemon jelly ($330) - The black tea mousse tasted a little better than expected but I thought they could put a little more acidity into the lemon jelly to give it a bit more contrast.



The toasted walnut on top was a nice touch too but you know what would put a smile on my face.....perhaps chunks of walnut somewhere in the cake for a bit more bite. Food for thought.....



I'm running out of ideas for the tenth cake. If anyone has any idea, please drop me a line.

Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: 3/F, cooked Deli by city'super, Gateway Arcade, Harbour City, 17 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2736-3230



View Larger Map

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think