Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Pierre Hermé at Isetan Shinjuku (Tokyo, JAPAN) ★★★★☆

Call it an early Christmas present. Call it whatever you want to call it because right now, I'm kind of speechless standing in front of Pierre Hermé's boutique at the basement of Isetan Shinjuku.



I have been a die hard fan of Picasso's Tarte infiniment vanille for a long time now. And a long-suffering fan too, I might add coz his boutique in Hong Kong doesn't carry any of his pastries at all. My only chance to get my hands dirty with one of these is when I visit France or Tokyo.



This time around, I got more for what I bargained for. Meet Tarte infiniment vanille's twin brother (obviously, there are not identical twins!) - infiniment vanille (right).



Tarte infiniment vanille (864yen) - Of course they didn't call it "infinitely vanilla" for nothing. It was bursting with that rich vanilla flavor from top to bottom thanks to the white chocolate ganache with vanilla, tender biscuit moistened with vanilla and vanilla flavored mascarpone cream. And that shortcrust pastry on the bottom, brilliant.

What makes Picasso's vanilla so special (and fragrant) is the fact that he combined vanilla from Mexico, Tahiti and Madagascar into one unique blend of vanilla. This is just masterful work.



Infiniment vanille (756yen) - Now, the twin brother. I have seen this in Paris before but it was my first time seeing it in Tokyo. They have this in the form of a layered cake featuring the same vanilla flavored mascarpone cream sandwiched between different layers of vanilla mousseline and sponge cake. This is seriously good too although not as powerful with the vanilla flavor.



Food Rating: 8/10
Price: ¥¥¥¥
Address: Isetan Shinjuku B1F, 3-14-1 Shinjuku Shinjuku-Ku, Tokyo 160-0022 〒160-0022 東京都新宿区新宿3-14-1 本館B1F
Closest Metro Station: Shinjuku Sanchome
Tel: +81 3-3352-1111
Website: www.pierreherme.co.jp


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think