Friday, November 18, 2016

Le Petit Salon x Thomas Trillion (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Le Petit Salon is a little coffee shop on the lobby floor of the Charterhouse Hotel in Wanchai. Last year, I started hearing about them carrying Thomas Trillion's pastries but I never got the chance to check it out personally until tonight. Turns out the space was pretty tiny and making matter worse was the fact that the lobby was constantly packed with people making it a little uneasy to try to enjoy a sip of coffee.



So I opted against dining in and brought everything home instead. Unfortunately, it was kind of late when I got there so all my favorite pastries were already gone.



Red Dome ($60) - I have pretty much tried all the lovely creations from Thomas Trillion but this was an exception (Thought it was a little too "simple"). I thought the combination of blackberry and raspberry mousse, coconut mousse with mango compote and coconut dacquoise was nice, especially the balance of sweetness and acidity but I expected a bit more from chef Thomas.



Twist ($60) - I had this before but it was dressed a little differently in green last time around. The ingredients were more or less the same with delicate vanilla chocolate mousse wrapping around stuff like raspberry cream and caramelized banana. Very delightful contrasts of texture and layers of flavor there.



Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Lobby, The Charterhouse Causeway Bay, 209-219 Wan Chai Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2892-3398
Website: www.lepetitsalon.com.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think