Thursday, November 10, 2016

Hidemi Sugino (Tokyo, JAPAN) ★★★★☆

It's been almost a decade since I last met my long-time friend and former colleague Y-san. We both used to work for the same New York based company before leaving the company for various reasons. While I was in Tokyo, I thought I should ring him up to catch up a bit with him. But right before this long awaited gathering, I still got an hour to spare and that's just enough time to meet up yet another old friend, okay more specifically, a cake shop which I used to visit a lot in the past in Ginza - Hidemi Sugino.



The award-winning Hidemi Sugino is a mousse cake lover's haven and although I'm not a huge fan of mousse cake, the desserts here never really fail to impress me. Like this caramel and coffee mousse cake called Bresilenne (680yen). Silky smooth with very rich caramel flavor. Nice.



When I first stepped into the boutique, this one (which I totally forgot the name of) caught my attention instantly with its colorful toppings.



On top of the chocolate cake were layers of chestnut and pear mousse. Very good balance there.



Every customer must order at least one drink to go with their dessert so I went with this hot chocolate which wasn't particularly good. But I wasn't expecting a lot out of their beverages anyways.



Time to meet up my old friend Y-san now. Really looking forward to this. My heart is already pouncing real fast...... 








Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: ¥¥¥¥
Address: 3-6-17 Kyobashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Kyobashi
Tel: +81 3-3538-6780



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think