Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Patisserie Chocolaterie Ordinaire (Osaka, JAPAN) ★★★★☆

Orange Street, also known as Tachibana-Dori, is considered one of the most fashionable shopping streets in Osaka thanks to its trendy boutiques and cafes.



However, I had something other than fashion in mind when I made my way to Orange Street tonight. I was paying a highly anticipated visit to Patisserie Chocolaterie Ordinaire (パティスリーオーディネール), which was touted by some as one of the top French pastry shops in the city. 



I managed to sneak in just ahead of their closing time but immediately realized that the display counter was all empty! Say it ain't so~



I tried to plead my case to the staff here telling them how much of a fan I am of their creations and I have ventured all the way here for a piece of their delicious pastry. I was going to pull my flight ticket out to show them that I would be leaving tomorrow too and tonight would've been my last chance but before I did so, someone dressed in a white chef's uniform came out of the kitchen to greet me. Turned out they've got a couple of spare ones still in the frigate but they needed to touch things up before it's ready. No problem I insisted. I can wait as long as they like!



So while I was waiting, I got the chance to check out their handmade chocolate and cookies. 



I tried to find something to occupy my time while they got my dessert ready (I had no idea what's coming out!). 



And I managed to find this, a large bergamot macaron. Not bad.



Known for one of Osaka's most popular patisserie and chocolatier, it's only fitting that the dessert they prepared for me was one of their chocolate mousse cakes.



A very delicate chocolate cake with a rich and silky smooth chocolate mousse matched perfectly with what I thought was praline cream. Interestingly, they had an almond cookie placed on top of the cake for some extra crunch.



Many thanks to the good guys here, I was able to leave Osaka without the regret of not having their signature chocolate cakes.





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 2-4-16 Minamihorie, Nishi-ku, Osaka 550-0015, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Yotsubashi
Tel: +81 (0)6 6541-4747
Website: www.facebook.com/p.ordinaire



   

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think