Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Patisserie accueil (Osaka, JAPAN) ★★★★☆

My quest for a hearty French patisserie in Osaka has brought me to the west side of Shinsaibashi (心斎橋), an area more known for its residential buildings than its shopping. Patisserie accueil (パティスリー アクイユ), sandwiched between the Nishiohashi and Yotsubashi subway stations, was the place I was looking for. After a late start, I was just happy to arrive at the patisserie slightly before their closing time of 7pm (A little early for a pastry shop, don't you think?).



It's a cozy little cake shop which I am hesitant to declare as French.



  It's French at heart but the Japanese twist (matcha, red beans etc.) was undeniable.



What are you looking at?



I had my share of Japanese influenced pastries on this trip already so I decided to get something "less Japanese" this time.

Bananier (¥450), I thought was a good way to start - caramel, chocolate, banana and walnuts. I knew caramel and chocolate would click but the way both of them worked with the banana compote was just beautiful.




The lovely waitress was nice enough to offer me a warm cup of water and a complimentary snowball cookie. That was very nice of her. Only if she speaks a little more English, I would have asked her to have a photo together with me.







Food Rating: 7/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 1-17-18 Kitahorie, Nishi Ward, Osaka, Japan 大阪府大阪市西区北堀江1-17-18 102
Closest Metro Station: Yotsubashi / Nishiohashi
Tel: +81 (0)6-6533-2313



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think