Friday, February 13, 2015

Henri Charpentier (Osaka, JAPAN) ★★★☆☆

I was rather disappointed during our last Osaka trip that we weren't able to find any good pâtisserie anywhere. I was pretty determined to change that on this trip and there's no better place to start than the food hall of a department store. 

Whenever I go visit a Japanese city, I love to spend time visiting these food halls. My first opportunity came at the food hall located on the basement of Takashimaya at Namba Station.



As always, there are tons of pâtisseries here, local and foreign. The first one I went into was Henri Charpentier, a home-grown brand who has over 70 stores in Japan.



I still recalled my first experience with Henri Charpentier in Ginza last year. It wasn't all that impressive.



The Honey and Lemon (¥573) was around when I was in Tokyo last year. A silky smooth lemon-flavored mousse topped with a dash of Japanese honey and infused with what I thought was yuzu compote in the middle. 

While it didn't blow me away, it was a solid start for my hunt of sweetness in the city.







Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: B1 Floor, Takashimaya Namba, 5-1-5 Namba, Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Namba
Tel: +81 (0)6 6644-5788
Website: www.suzette-shop.jp/henri/en.html


 

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think