Monday, October 14, 2019

The Mandarin Cake Shop (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I was supposed to have dessert at Dalloyau Bistro right after my meal there but suddenly, a flashback of the decadent Mango Green Tea cake I had at The Mandarin Cake Shop rushed through my mind. So, I ended up changing my mind.



New Executive Pastry Chef Christophe Sapy has injected new life into the once-boring collection of desserts at The Mandarin Cake Shop, which had everyone including me excited about going there again. 



Apart from the new creations, they also have the old school stuff.



Vanilla, Bergamot and Strawberry ($58) - With their Mango Green Tea cake unavailable today, I decided to go for this.



A pink ribbon pastry. I am guessing this is part of Mandarin Oriental's Pink October breast cancer awareness activities. Some of the proceeds should go to The Breast Cancer Association.



A very elegant dessert. Now let's see if it tastes as good.



This turned out to be a pretty simple combination of vanilla mousse and strawberry compote. I didn't see the bergamot there. Perhaps the jelly on top was bergamot flavored? I wasn't entirely sure.




Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: M/F, Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong, 5 Connaught Road, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central
Tel: +852 2825-4008
Website: www.mandarinoriental.com.hk/hongkong/fine-dining/the-mandarin-cake-shop
Opening Hours: 8:00am - 8:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think