Sunday, October 6, 2019

Oriental Hotel Hakata (Fukuoka, JAPAN)

What I love most about coming to Fukuoka is its short flight from Hong Kong. Just a little under 3 hours and once you get off the airport, another 10-minute ride off their free shuttle bus before arriving in Hakata Station.

Months ago, I already started doing my homework on all the different hotels at Hakata Station. My philosophy is a very simple one (for any Asian city) - you can't go wrong with a hotel directly connected to a train or subway station (especially if you're traveling with kids) and always try to stay at a hotel that's been around for less than 5 years (before they get really worn out). That's how I came up with Oriental Hotel Hakata.



Speaking of new, Oriental Hotel Hakata has just completed a facelift this April so yes, it's relatively new. It's also directly connected to Hakata Station via their basement entrance (I think in B1F). Theoretically, it checked all boxes so to speak.



An English speaking front desk would really put the icing on the cake and to my pleasant surprise, they managed to deliver. On different occasions, I was greeted by front desk staff from Russia and Philippines who speak very fluent English. That made things so much easier.



I dropped some extra money for a deluxe twin room on the top floor and it's one of the biggest room I've ever seen in Japan.



You know the room must be spacious when you see a sofa of this size fitted right next to the twin beds.



I really like the white and light wood scheme. It makes the light-flooded room even brighter.



The layout of the bathroom was pretty straightforward.



Again very spacious with lots of counter space to place our belongings.



The shower room was large enough to have both a shower area and a tub (I decided to enjoy the tub everyday since we didn't have one back home).



Our room was directly facing the East exit of Hakata Station. They did a great job with the sound proof system so despite the fact that we were in the busiest junction of the station, we didn't hear a thing during our stay.



I really couldn't say enough good things about this fabulous hotel. The facility itself was great, then the friendly staff, a really nice lobby cafe and a rooftop beer hall that I didn't have time to visit. Needless to say, I will be more than happy to stay here again.





Rating: ❤❤❤❤
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 4-23 Hakataekichuogai, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka, 812-0012 Japan
Tel: +81 (0)92-461-0170
Website: www.oriental-hotels.com/fukuoka-hakatastation/en/



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think