Sunday, October 6, 2019

Lady M at HKIA (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

When I first learned about Lady M Hong Kong launching a new marron mille crepes a few weeks ago, my heart was pounding and pounding fast too. As a huge chestnut fan, I could hardly hide my excitement. I ended up going to the Lady M boutique in Kowloon Tong the next day but only to find that they were already sold out by mid day!



What I didn't realize was that it took me another couple of weeks to get my second chance. Interestingly, that second chance came at Hong Kong International Airport when we were about to depart for our Fukuoka trip.



While Lady M's cafe (at HKIA) doesn't open until 9am, its take-out counter starts business as early as 7am. And yes, they've got the new marron mille crepes!



As usual, the marron mille crepes ($75) came with their patented twenty layers of paper-thin handmade crepes. In between each layer were chestnut-flavored pastry cream and chunks of chestnut, finished off elegantly with marrons glacés and a flurry of powdered sugar.



This was really really delicate. Sweet but not too sweet, and the texture was perfect thanks to the small chunks of chestnut scattered in the middle. It definitely ranks right up there with their other recent offering, pistachio mille crepes.



I have always had a soft spot for Lady M's mille crepes series and this flavor was another welcome addition on top of their existing Earl Grey, rose and pistachio flavors.

P.S. This wasn't really my first experience with Lady M's marron mille crepes. My first and only encounter with it dated back 3 years ago in Seoul. And it's totally different design not to mention the sub-par execution back then. 





Food Rating: 7/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop No.70, South, Departures Level 7, Passenger Terminal 1, HKIA Tower, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Airport
Tel: +852 2869-1368
Website: www.ladymhk.com
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 11:00pm daily (cafe opens at 9:00am daily)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think