Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Green bean to bar Chocolate Cafe (Fukuoka, JAPAN) ★★★☆☆

I can always find some of the most amazing chocolates in Japan, even outside of Tokyo. There are shops by the world's most renowned chocolate masters including Jean-Paul Hévin and Pierre Marcolini but I am always more interested in the home grown talents. Green bean to bar Chocolate is one of those home grown chocolatiers who's been very successful in recent years.



Apart from their two main branches in Tokyo, they also have a small chocolate shop and cafe in Tenjin, one of the trendiest neighborhood in Fukuoka.



I had the chance to pay them a brief visit before my lunch engagement and needless to say, I did make the most of it. Look at all these adorable chocolate-themed desserts!



They offer a small selection of drinks to go with their desserts, including their signature chocolate drinks.

Green bean to bar Chocolate Cafe, Tenjin Fukuoka - Drink and Set Menu

Chocolate eclair (540 yen) - Due to my very tight schedule, this was all I could muster.



The choux pastry wasn't bad but what made this so delicious was the rich and delicate chocolate cream in the middle. 



Like I said, we were super pressed for time so I had to enjoy this on the streets while Jelloman was doing her shopping.



Of course, Green bean to bar's bread and butter is their bean-to-bar chocolate bars, which come in different flavors and sizes. I have zero clue on this bean-to-bar chocolate making process but I am assuming that it means super fresh like our farm-to-table dining concept?







Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 1-19-22 Imaizumi, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka, 810-0021 Japan
Closest Metro Station: Tenjin
Tel: +81 (0)92-406-7880
Website: www.greenchocolate.jp
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 9:00pm (Thu - Tue), Closed on Wednesday


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think