Friday, October 11, 2019

JR Kyushu Hotel Blossom Oita (Oita, JAPAN)

For much of my travel across the globe, I always have the luxury of choosing between at least 3 to 5 quality lodging options in any city I visit but such was not the case for this trip to Fukuoka. From Kumamoto (yesterday) to Oita (today) and Beppu (tomorrow), I was left with just one to two options at best. And these are hotels which I consider barely making my minimum requirements when it comes to design, cleanliness and location too.

It took much longer than I anticipated but we eventually arrived in Oita, Thankfully our hotel, JR Kyushu Hotel Blossom Oita is located right on top of the JR station. The question now is whether there's an indoor parking that connects directly to the hotel.


Luckily, there's one! We needed it badly as we had tons of luggage with us and it would be impossible to drag them around in the cold!


JR Kyushu Hotel Blossom Oita is a relatively new hotel but you won't know it from its decor as it sports an aging traditional Japanese interior.


The most eye-catching decoration of the room had to be the Japanese sliding panel blinds. 


Very interesting but I'm not sure if they mesh well with the rest of the decor (carpet?).


The bathroom looks very, shall we say "standard". Another word would be boring.


Not much of a view from the window but there are reasons why I chose to stay here.


First, there was this place called City Spa that occupies the top two floors of the premise with skyscraping view of Oita (which I knew wasn't much of an attraction). Any hotel guest gets in free so I decided to come check in out when Jelloman tucks my little one in.


Behind those blinds is a changing room leading to our indoor hot spring pool with panoramic view of the city (20th floor). There is a staircase that goes to the rooftop open-air spa (21st floor) as well. Everything is covered in the room charge (No photo allowed from here on!). 


While I didn't have any photos to share from my hot spring experience, I managed to find these from the hotel and City Spa's official website.

    (Photo credit: JR Kyushu Hotel Blossom Oita and City Spa official website)

    (Photo credit: JR Kyushu Hotel Blossom Oita and City Spa official website)


Apart from City Spa, another thing I like it about the hotel is its location on top of the JR station and AMU Plaza Oita where we found all these interesting shops and eateries. 


Little nugget found something he liked on the rooftop of AMU Plaza Oita too. A train ride!


He couldn't wait to get started!





Rating: ❤❤❤
Price: ¥¥
Address: 1-14 Kanamemachi, Oita, 870-0831, Japan
Tel: +81 (0)97-578-8719


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think