Friday, October 11, 2019

Maison Kayser Sakura Machi (Kumamoto, JAPAN) ★★★☆☆

What a nice facility they have got in Sakura Machi Kumamoto, a new shopping and entertainment complex in the heart of Kumamoto which has just been opened on 14th September 2019. We were grateful to have the opportunity to spend a night here but it's time to hit the road again.


Before we hopped onto our car, I managed to visit Maison Kayser on the ground floor to get us some snacks.



Eric Kayser has always been very good adapting to the local markets so not surprisingly, I can find a lot of Japanese inspired French bread here.



With Halloween just around the corner, some seasonal items in the pastry counter too.



I'm getting my favorite pain au chocolat along with a couple other things for my family.



Little nugget finally got his big hug from cuddly bear Kumamon, the official mascot created by the government of Kumamoto Prefecture before we took off.



Marron éclair - We were officially in the middle of chestnut season now so why not a marron éclair for breakfast. Since I wasn't driving, I got all the time in the world to enjoy it.



This was very pillowy and I love the filling of silky smooth chestnut cream. In fact, I didn't mind a bit more.



We will be stopping by Mount Aso this afternoon and then off to Oita hopefully before it gets dark.




Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 1/F Sakura Machi Kumamoto, 3-10 Sakura-cho ,Chuo-ku, Kumamoto, 860-0805 Japan
Tel: +81 (0)96-321-6775
Website: www.sakuramachi-kumamoto.jp/shop/andcoffee_maisonkayser
Opening Hours: 10:00am - 8:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think