Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Patisserie Georges Marceau (Fukuoka, JAPAN) ★★★★☆

Patisserie Georges Marceau is one of the top two French pastry shops in Fukuoka I knew I must visit during my stay (the other being Patisserie Jacques). Following three really hectic and super busy days, I finally got my chance to do so tonight.



Owner-chef Konishi Koji has been a titanic figure in the local dining scene since the late 1990s. His culinary empire currently comprises of two French restaurants, Restaurant George Marceau and Défi Georges Marceau, and a dessert shop and cafe, Patisserie Georges Marceau. Since August 2014, his team has also been providing meals on the luxury train Seven Stars in Kyushu.



It was almost closing time when I arrived at Patisserie Georges Marceau. Without further delay, I headed towards their bakery and pastry shop at the front of the shop to check out what they have in store for me.



What looks like a fine selection of exquisite French pastries has boiled down to just a few options but thankfully, their signature fromage cake was still available.



Fromage Cake - Patisserie Georges Marceau’s popular Fromage Cake isn’t just any cheesecake. The creamy and decadently rich cream cheese could only be discovered underneath the crunchy crust. It’s a little tricky (and a bit messy) to have it with just a spoon as I found out the hard way.



I like the idea of having the intensely rich cheese matched against the buttery biscuit (thickness was more like cookie) crust. Not surprisingly, the crust was a little hard to break but it’s an undeniably great way to neutralize the richness and cheesiness.



Mont Blanc Cake - The chestnut purée were really smooth and flavorful and came with multiple layers. Pretty nice.



Unfortunately, my plan to visit both Patisserie Georges Marceau and Patisserie Jacques came up a bit short. I guess I will have to leave the latter until next time.








Food Rating: 6/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 5-8-19 Watanabedori, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka, 810-0004 Japan
Closest Metro Station: Tenjin-minami
Tel: +81 (0)92-741-5233
Website: http://gm.9syoku.com/patisserie/
Opening Hours: 10:00am - 8:00pm (Tue - Sat), 10:00am - 7:00pm (Sun)


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think