Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Eat Me Bar and Restaurant (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

Another day and another chance for me to check out another upstairs cafe in Yau Ma Tei. Things got pretty ugly yesterday at lunch so I was hoping for a little better fate this afternoon.



Hidden on the fifth floor of a commercial building somewhere between Mongkok and Yau Ma Tei, Eat Time Bar and Restaurant is a gastropub style eatery serving western food with a local twist (Think burger, pizza and pasta with an Asian twist). My first impression wasn’t particularly good when I stepped in as the place was really noisy like a pub at nightmare (but it was 12:30pm). I was thinking, the food better be really really good.



Daily soup was again carrot soup. Sounds similar? Well, I had the same thing yesterday at lunch as well, just across the street from another cafe. I figured since carrot and pumpkin soup are both pretty easy to make, it’s really not all that surprising to see its popularity in upstairs cafes like this one.



My main dish was spaghetti tossed with a Japanese style white sesame sauce. This came with small pearl scallops, tomato and spinach. I thought the pasta and sauce wasn’t bad but the ingredients didn’t look the freshest to me (particularly the scallops and tomato). Taste never lies.



Milk tea without extra charge (see my experience from yesterday), that’s better than yesterday.



I’m just happy that my training in Yau Ma Tei is coming to a close this afternoon. The more I dig deeper, the more I realize how much of a foodie wasteland YMT really is.

Food Rating: 3.5/10
Price: $$
Address: 5/F, Grand Place, 560 Nathan Road, Mong Kok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Yau Ma Tei
Tel: +852 6357-4141


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think