Friday, March 22, 2019

Crème de Marrons at Incheon International Airport (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

The sweet smell of spring in Seoul never feels so good!

Jelloman and I have not done a last-minute getaway for years. It was only last weekend that we started discussing about this trip to Seoul and here we are at the Incheon International Airport! It will be a very short one but we hope to cover as much ground as possible within the next 72 hours. Let's get started.

The ever-changing food scene of Seoul has been one of the main reasons behind my annual visit and it didn't take long for me to spot something new and exciting. While we were waiting for our airport bus to arrive, we spotted this bakery café called Crème de Marrons at the arrival hall (near Exit E).



Founded in 1882, Crème de Marrons is a brand originated from Ardèche, France where it's known for the best chestnuts in the country. Their popular ready-to-use-chestnuts come in a bottle and are often used as a spread like Nutella or peanut butter on bread and toast. I don't know much about the partnership between this bakery café and Crème de Marrons. All I really care about is how tasty these croissants are!



Every customer seems to have eyes set on these marron croissants but I thought their chocolate, almond, caramel, and bacon and cheese croissants deserve some attention too.



We haven't had much to eat all day so I wasted no time grabbing one of these marron croissants (4,200 won).



While the cross section test wasn't all that pretty, it was sure very flaky. Not bad but a little too sweet for my liking.



On the other hand, I was head over heels with their almond croissant (3,900 won). It was even more flaky than the marron croissant and the almond crust on top was so gooood!



We had just enough time for our first ice-cream before we depart on our limo bus. The marron ice-cream with caramelized marron (3,800 won) wasn't bad but I think we're better off sticking with their homemade croissants.



It's always difficult to find delicious snacks at the arrival hall of Incheon International Airport so quite frankly, I was a little pleasantly surprised. Yes, it's a bit pricey for a croissant but I guess I can live with that once a year.

Note: For those of you who's often hungry after a flight, Crème de Marrons opens from 6am to 10pm daily.

Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: ₩₩₩₩
Address: 1/F Incheon Airport Arrival Hall (Exit E), 272 Gonghang-ro, Jung-gu, Incheon, Seoul, South Korea
Opening Hours: 06:00am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think