Saturday, March 23, 2019

Two Plus Sinsa (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

I was hoping to keep my one-barbecue-per-trip pace tonight. We had such a nice experience at Two Plus Gangnam three years ago, and have been itching to go back for more succulent Hanwoo beef. But I last heard that branch closed down a while ago so tonight's dinner would be at Two Plus's Sinsa outlet instead. 



Located in the basement level of Gallery YEH, Two Plus Sinsa can found near the North end of Apgujeong-ro 12-gil in Garosu-gil ("tree-lined street").



I would love to sit at the bar tables but those seats were already filled out nicely before we arrived.



Tonight was a little loud here. A full house had something to do with it but for the most part, it's because there were a lot of Hongkongers around. Yeah, we do talk very loud in Hong Kong.



I have to admit, I had their food menu memorized already because it was such a short one. The only thing I didn't remember were the prices. 

Two Plus Sinsa BBQ Hanwoo beef - Food menu

Turned out this branch was a bit more pricey than the now-defunct Gangnam branch. I wonder why (coz it's in a popular shopping district?).

Two Plus Sinsa BBQ Hanwoo beef - Food menu

I'm going to pretend I'm drunk tonight so hopefully, Jelloman would take the bait and settle the bill.



Before the Hanwoo beef arrives, here comes the banchan or bansang, a collection of side dishes served before a Korean meal. Unlike a typical Korean meal, we didn't get spinach, radish or kimchi.



Following the salad, there was a small bowl of braised octopus. That was very tasty.



And water kimchi? (or just cabbage? I didn't check this out personally.)...



It didn't take long for our Hanwoo beef to arrive.



The highlight of the night, Hanwoo 1++ aged tenderloin. In case you're wondering about the name Two Plus, it refers to the restaurant's specialty which would be the Korean Hanwoo 1++ beef. Often compared to the famed Kobe beef, Korean Hanwoo beef has 5 different grades (1++, 1+, 1, 2, 3) with 1++ being top of the class. 



1++ Sliced Striploin (44,000 won) - First, the marinated striploin which has already been sliced. I'm going to have it with my salad. 



These weren't bad. A little more chewy than I thought (did I overcook them a bit?) but I could eat them all day.



1++ Aged tenderloin (43,000 won) - Much better than the striploin in my opinion. The marbling had a lot to do with it and I guess the aging also helped with the additional flavors. I should've just gotten ourselves two orders of aged tenderloin to save me some trouble.



Beef brisket fried rice (20,000 won) - I remembered this to be a little less spicy but this was really hot thanks to the Korean chili sauce. Anyone that loves rice crispies would love this!



Well, one of the things I didn't like about this branch of Two Plus apart from the noise factor was the fact that we needed to grill our own meat. I didn't have a huge problem serving Jelloman on any given day but I prefer having the option of being served as well. 

Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: ₩₩₩₩
Address: 18 Apgujeong-ro 12-gil, Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: Sinsa
Tel: +82 02-515-5712
Website: www.twoppul.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think