Friday, March 15, 2019

Moriya 森屋 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I thought I knew Wanchai like the back of my hand so it caught me by total surprise when I ran into this Japanese yakitori shop that I have never heard of before.



Moriya (森屋) looks very much like an authentic Japanese skewer restaurant to me. I wonder if the interior decor and food are as good as the decorations outside.



I really like the authentic Japanese Izakaya vibe! Too bad the tables were way too close to each other so I had to listen in on my neighbors' gossips throughout the meal.



There aren't a whole lot of yakitori places in town that use a traditional Japanese charcoal grill but Mori Ya is one of them. I miss the smell of charcoal so much!



Look at those perfectly charred chicken meat. Some  were a little burnt but they smelt so gooood (though a little chewy)!



Unfortunately, only a small portion of their skewer menu is available during lunch service. Looks like a reunion is imminent.

Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop B, G/F, Yam Tze Commercial Building, 23 Thomson Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2866-6188



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think