Friday, February 22, 2019

Tsurukame 鶴亀 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I promised myself I'd come back to this little ramen shop on Ichang Street last time and it's time to deliver that promise tonight.



Located just across the street from Aoi RamenTsurukame (鶴亀) is yet another new (relatively) Japanese ramen shop in Tsim Sha Tsui. Behind that simple industrial decor, what really caught my eyes at the first glance was the sign that said "No MSG". That's really hard to find in Hong Kong.



Tsukemen with pork thick soup ($90) - I had to secretly admit that I have slowly fallen in love with tsukemen. That dipping into a separate bowl of warm broth used to be too much work for me but I have somehow gotten used to it.



A very intense broth made with pork bones and katsuo (鰹魚). Very flavorful and sizzling hot.



Of course, a good tsukemen won't be complete without some very special noodles that's thick enough to soak up the flavorful broth. Very nice bite from the noodles working so well with the umami-rich pork marrow broth.



I've had a lot of Japanese ramen of late but this one from Tsurukame (鶴亀) is probably the only one that could lure me back for a second visit.

Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop L, G/F, Hanyee Building, 19-21 Hankow Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 5115-8979


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think