Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Bakehouse Wanchai (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

It's been a while since I last got my hands dirty with my favorite cruffin and doughnut in town so after lunch, I decided to venture over the Bakehouse for a quick peek.



To my pleasant surprise, despite the long lineup, none of my favorite stuff was sold out. That's surprising considered it's almost 2:30PM already. 



Pain au chocolate and almond danish, I haven't had one of those for ages.



But these are my true love - vanilla doughnut and banana chocolate hazelnut cruffin!



Mango vanilla doughnut - It was a tough choice between a cruffin and doughnut but I was paid to make these tough choices.



I like the previous vanilla doughnut so much better. This had way too acidity from the dabs of mango puree.



Bakehouse is often linked to having the best croissant in the city. I forgot to take a photo of the cross section but trust me, it's seriously spongy. My only complaint was that it's a little salty today.



Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: G14 Tai Wong Street East, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Website: https://bakehouse.hk/


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think