Monday, February 4, 2019

Ramen Bowl (Paris, FRANCE) ★★★☆☆

We were down to our second last supper in Paris before taking off for Madrid next morning. Everyone had a different idea on what to eat on this night but since I was the one calling the shots, I had veto power.



And I decided to have Japanese ramen tonight! Ramen in Paris, why not!?



I love a colorful graffiti wall in the middle of a dining room. It just helps to stimulate my appetite.



A Japanese flag hidden at the corner...



Shoyu ramen - I was a little bit worried about this soy sauce based ramen. Is it going to look and taste the same as the ones we had in Japan (or Hong Kong for that matter)?

I was so relieved when I saw this arrive. It looked like a picture-perfect shoyu ramen with marinated soft-boiled egg, barbecued pork and bamboo shoot. Tasted pretty authentic too.



Chicken broth ramen - I was expecting the usual chicken flavored clear broth so this totally crossed me up. Is it a dan dan noodles from our Chinese cuisine or what? 



The broth was a little spicy but I couldn't tell if it was flavored with chicken. In fact, the whole thing (taste and presentation) had Sichuan dan dan noodles written all over it (served with small slices of chicken).



Crispy tofu - Served with seaweed in a flavorful miso broth. Not bad.



For the most part (except the chicken broth ramen), Ramen Bowl provided a nice authentic ramen experience for us in the heart of Paris just off Champs-Élysées. Just make sure that you stick with their soy sauce based ramen.

P.S. I think we Hongkongers should consider ourselves very fortunate because we are so blessed with so many different cuisines in the city. Most importantly, these Japanese, Italian or French dishes that we got in Hong Kong normally taste exactly the same as they do in their native country. That's something we should all be very proud of. 


Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: €€€
Address: 44 Rue de Ponthieu, 75008 Paris, France
Closest Metro Station: Saint-Philippe du Roule
Tel: +33 (0)1 8127-7716
Website: www.facebook.com/ramenbowlparis/


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think