Thursday, February 7, 2019

Five Guys Gran Via (Madrid, SPAIN) ★★★☆☆

Ever since Five Guys opened its first outlet in Hong Kong (Wanchai), I've been trying to get in albeit without much success. With those lineups, it's almost impossible to finish my burger within my one-hour lunch break. But with the famed American burger chain's extensive presence in Europe, I knew I would have a good chance to check them out on my European tour.



Guess what, there's just a Five Guys right across the street from where we were staying in Madrid. Prayers answered.



Five Guys Peanut Butter Milkshake (€5.75) - People have been telling me how great Five Guys' milkshakes taste. They are still not available in Hong Kong so it's the perfect time for me to get a sneak preview.



It comes in over 10 flavors, ranging from the classic vanilla, chocolate and strawberry to the more gourmet ones like salted caramel, cherry, banana, coffee and Oreo cookies. But I'm more of a peanut butter freak so I ended up ordering this nutty peanut butter shake. It was so gooood. 



Little Bacon Burger (€7.00) - We're having dinner in two hours so I decided against getting a regular sized burger. Instead, I got myself a miniature one that cost about 80% of the regular price.



I thought this was alright. Perhaps I got so hyped about it seeing their huge lineups in Hong Kong everyday that I got carried away. The beef patty was reasonably juicy yes but how did it stack up against Hong Kong's home-grown talent like Beef and Liberty and Triple O's, you ask (Triple O's not really a local burger joint but the Canadian Triple O's is never a burger place to begin with so I consider it a home grown burger joint with a Canadian name)!?

Not good. I will take the gourmet burgers from those two places over this one on any given day. 



Very nice shake, average burger.....that's my verdict.

PS: This branch closes at 1AM. In case I'm hungry tonight and tomorrow night.





Food Rating: 5/10
Price: €€€
Address: Calle Gran Vía, 44, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Closest Metro Station: Callao
Tel: +34 915-223514
Website: www.fiveguys.com



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think