Sunday, March 25, 2018

Vatos Urban Tacos (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

After cruising around Itaewon for nearly 2.5 hours, it's time for a late lunch and a quick one. It's been a while since I last visited Vatos Urban Tacos so I thought I better paid them a visit before leaving late tonight.



This branch in Itaewon is a lot bigger than the one in Sinsa, which I used to visit a lot because it's so conveniently located on Garosu-gil



Some complimentary tacos with different dip to start the meal as usual.



Kimchi carnitas fries (13,000 won) - How can I start things off without one of their signature dish? This is always the best way to kick off the meal by sharing their kimchi carnitas fries among a couple of friends. The well-seasoned French fries were mixed with braised carnitas, sauteed kimchi, cheese, cilantro, onion and sour cream. And of course, the signature Vatos hot sauce to put the finishing touch on.



Honey tequila chicken wings (13,500 won) - My second favorite dish behind the kimchi fries. Look at these wings which're all perfectly coated in the sweet and spicy honey tequila sauce. Very tasty and addictive at the same time. As always, they were served with deep-fried, masa-battered jalapenos, cilantro and blue cheese dipping sauce. Very spicy but I couldn't stop eating them.



Now that I'm almost done, it's time to settle the bill and head over to Hannam-dong for my coffee fix.




Food Rating: 5/10
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 1, Itaewon-ro 15-gil (2nd Floor), Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: Itaewon
Website: www.vatoskorea.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think