Saturday, March 3, 2018

Vive Cake Boutique at H Queen's (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

We walked around Central a bit after our late lunch at 1935 壹玖叁伍 before suddenly realizing that we haven't had dessert to end the meal. That was a terrible mistake on my part so in order to make quick amends, I decided to bring everyone to Vive Cake Boutique at HQueen's for some sweet treat. This is Vive's second location away from their Wanchai branch and I have been waiting for a chance to drop by since their soft opening last month.




Lover's Gift ($52) - The heart shaped cake was Vive's special creation for Valentine's Day but I guess they're keeping it around until White Day (14th March). Not a bad idea at all.



The tried and true combination of red beans, purple sweet potato and mochi took a different shape and form (based on my previous experience with purple sweet potato mochi cake with red bean stuffings) here and it was nothing short of brilliant. Based on the little corner I had, I left very impressed with its contrasting textures and flavors. My little one loves it so much that he almost finished the whole cake all by himself!



Red velvet macaron cream cheese ice-cream sandwich ($58) - Pretty decent but for virtually the same price, I would gladly have another slice of cake instead.



I think we do need more home-grown cake shops and dessert cafés like Vive in Hong Kong. It gives those born with sweet tooth a little something to cheer about.





Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 3, 1/F, H Queen's, 80 Queen's Road Central, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central / Hong Kong Station
Website: www.vive.hk



Vive Cake Boutique HQueens Central 80 Queen's Road best cake shop dessert cafe coffee Hong Kong

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think