Saturday, March 24, 2018

UNAS Fine Dessert (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★★☆

Of course just a single dessert (at Mingles) is not going to make me (and my sweet tooth) happy for very long. Fifteen minutes were all it took for me to realize that I needed some extra sweetness to get me through the afternoon so without much hesitation, I hopped over to the nearby SB Tower.



I was looking for UNAS Fine Dessert (우나스), a dessert café, tea salon and baking classroom all packed inside a small real estate on the second floor of the building.

 

The indoor seating was all taken so I was left with no choice but to sit on the patio.



What I always love about UNAS is their selection of European influenced pastries. There's a nice variety of flavors available and I never leave the place disappointed.




Amour (9,500 won) - This is lychee and yogurt mousse with raspberry jam, lychee jelly, rose cream, raspberry crunch and raspberry ganache on top of a crispy pistachio biscuit.



Didn't realize that they've also hidden some raspberry compote in the middle until I finished half of it. This is really delicious. The different textures of raspberry (compote, ganache, jam and crunch) seemed to complement the sweetness of the lychee mousse pretty nicely and at the same time, brought out the best of it (There's always something about lychee, rose and raspberry together). 



Gangnam is really an amazing neighborhood with lots of cultures and diversities meshed together like a melting pot and we can see that from all these restaurants and cafés, which is why I always enjoy coming here. It's quietly becoming my second home.



Opening hours: 11:30am – 7pm (Tue – Fri), 11:30am – 11:30pm (Sat – Sun), Monday closed.




Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: ₩₩₩₩
Address: 92 Nonhyeon 2(i)-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: Gangnam-gu Office / Apgujeong Rodeo
Tel: +82 2-3445-0387
Website: www.facebook.com/unasseoul/


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think