Sunday, March 25, 2018

White Veil (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

A few months ago, I was talking to my good friend and fellow blogger from Seoul, Kosmose7 about his city's dessert scene. That was when I first got the news about Lady M closing all their outlets in Seoul. No wait, the dessert cafés are still there, just that they're no longer under the name "Lady M".



Like this one which used to be their Itaewon branch, it's now called "White Veil"



Not surprisingly, the interior looks exactly the same as it was during my last visit.



Whether it's a licensing issue or not, I didn't bother finding out as I was more interested in the flavors of mille crepes they're offering these days.



Coconut mille crepes (8,500 won) - I narrowly missed out Lady M's coconut mille crepes when I was in Los Angeles last month so no way would I let this chance slip away again. Oh wait, this is White Veil, not Lady M. They got me all confused now. 

This makes a pretty refreshing breakfast for me. In between the twenty or so layers of paper-thin crepes were silky pastry cream and coconut flakes, and they put the finishing touch on with some toasted coconut shavings. Not bad.






Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 178 Itaewon-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: Itaewon
Tel: +82 02-792-7707



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think