Thursday, March 22, 2018

Deux Amis Café (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

It feels a little weird walking around Sinsa tonight on a Thursday evening. For an area which is amazingly busy during the weekends, I found this a little hard to believe. With half of the shops already closed by 7pm, this is the quiet side of Sinsa I've never seen before.



After spending the entire night strolling around the area, I needed something cold to cool myself down (Okay, it was 4 degrees; that's a lame excuse) and perhaps some fine pastries to go with my drink. At 9pm, I was pretty happy to find Deux Amis Café still open for business.



This would be my first visit since they renovated the place last year.



Joli caramel coconut cake (8,000 won) - For someone who's crazy about caramel, something rich and decadent would be my idea of a perfect caramel cake. But this was very very light, which's not always my cup of tea. I did enjoy having caramel and coconut together though and there's something lemony in there to spice things up.



Vanilla cheese cruffin (4,000 won) - The filling with vanilla flavored cream cheese was nice.



But the shape of the cruffin looked a little weird (tilted?). I'm not sure if this had anything to do with the top part being fairly chewy (instead of flaky). Fairly decent.



If you're looking for a dessert café that opens late in Sinsa, Deux Amis Café could be exactly what you're searching for. It opens until 11PM on most nights.




Food Rating: 5/10
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 28 Dosan-daero 11-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: Sinsa
Tel: +82 2-3443-0030
Website: www.deuxamis.co.kr


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think