Friday, March 23, 2018

Vanilla Cloud (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

I thought I knew Seoul inside out like a local but obviously I overestimated my knowledge of the city. At least, I am a total stranger in this part of Gangnam. The fact that I speak very little Korean (if any) didn't stop me from approaching a few ladies at the manicure shop for direction and that ended up to be the best decision I've made all day.



With the help of the ladies, I finally managed to locate Vanilla Cloud, a dessert café serving their own homemade cakes, coffee and tea. They also offer baking classes at the premise periodically.



They have some really impressive chiffon cakes if anyone's interested in chiffon cakes.




Banana Bliss (7,000 won) - I was looking for something with cheese this afternoon, which prompted me to go for this dessert called Banana Bliss.



It has multiple layers of sweetened banana, cream cheese, genoise (Italian style sponge cake) and diplomate cream. Very light and refreshing. Not bad.



Ever since we have our little nugget, my "Me Time" has almost disappeared all together. It was nice to finally spend a relaxing afternoon chilling out and enjoy some sweet treats in the process.







Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 28 Seolleung-ro 132-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: Gangnam-gu
Tel: +82 2515-3422
Website: www.vanillacloud.co.kr


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think