Sunday, December 24, 2017

Angelina Paris (Dubai, UAE) ★★★☆☆

My family thought I was joking when I said we were going to Angelina Paris (Not the one in Paris but one in Dubai Mall) for breakfast on our first morning in Dubai. This can't possibly be true, right? After all, we'll be in Paris in less than 48 hours.



Let me first confess that I am a fan of Angelina. I have been one ever since I got my first taste of their traditional hot chocolate back in 2013. Most recently, I was one of the few who were sadden by the closure of Angelina in IFC Hong Kong. Got the idea? I'm not just a casual fan. I'm a fanatic!



Of course, there was another reason behind this. After we got ourselves waken up by our little one at 7am, we have been looking for a place that opens early for breakfast at the Dubai Mall so we could have a quick one.



It turned out Angelina opens at 9am daily, which is very good news for those looking for an early bird breakfast near the mall. 



Angelina's old-fashioned hot chocolate - This was served with a bit of whipped cream. A little heavy for someone with an empty stomach but very satisfying.



Angelina croissant - I had the croissant with scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. This was very eggy and I could barely taste the croissant!



Angelina omelette - I thought better was the omelette with small pieces of ham, button mushrooms, tomato and cheese in the middle. It wasn't as cheesy as I first feared. It's almost like having a warm slice of crepes with all these wonderful ingredients. Pretty tasty.



Paris-New York - Is it too early for dessert? Absolutely not. The choux pastry could have been a little more pillowy but the silky smooth pecan praline cream and crunchy pecan praline kind of made up for it. 



Now that I have been re-energized, I should have enough energy to explore this shopping mall which is absolutely huge.



We managed to take advantage of the free-of-charge photo kiosk tp snap a couple of photos with little nugget. He was of course a little camera shy in unfamiliar territory.




Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: G/F The Dubai Mall, Fashion Avenue, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Closest Metro Station: Buji Khalifa / Dubai Mall
Tel: +971 4-442-8814


1 comment:

Please tell us what you think