Friday, December 8, 2017

Ciao Chow Italian Cafeteria (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I took afternoon off to attend an interview with my little nugget in Kowloon Tong this afternoon. Still can't believe he's already at that age where he's ready to go to school. Time really flies. Since there's still another half an hour before his interview, I thought I should have enough time for a quick bite at Ciao Chow Italian Cafeteria.



Kale salad with pine nuts, crispy croutons and citrusy dressing - I decided to start off the meal with some sort of detox salad. The kale was nice and fresh, working well with the pine nuts and croutons while the citrusy dressing provided some nice acidity.



Fettuccine with mushroom - This was better than what I had at Jamie's Italian last week. At least, the fettuccine was al dente and the cream sauce was fairly decent.



Tiramisu - For $15 more, I got myself a nice slice of tiramisu.



I wrote about 10 of my favorite tiramisu in Hong Kong a while ago on my blog and Ciao Chow happened to make that list (barely). This was less fulfilling than the one I had at their Lan Kwai Fong branch last year but for $15, I guess I shouldn't be complaining.



The bill came at $133 with complimentary peach tea. I would say I got pretty good bang for my buck right there.



Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 19, UG/F, Festival Walk, 80 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kowloon Tong
Tel: +852 2499-1000


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think