Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Pâtisserie Cyril Lignac Chaillot (Paris, FRANCE) ★★★★☆

I don't normally wake up early on my road trips (especially on a rainy day) but for one of my favorite pâtisseries in Paris, I will gladly make that exception. Sitting at the corner of Rue de Chaillot and Rue Freycinet directly facing Place Rochambeau with Musée Galliera in the background, Pâtisserie Cyril Lignac is one of the most elegant bakery and cake shops you would ever find in the city.



And it's not just the products that're elegant. Look around at the décor, you knew they have put a lot of thoughts into it.



You will be surprised to find a lot of classical French desserts here like rum baba and lemon pie and all of them come with some sort of contemporary take and elegant twist. 



This branch, which is like a 3-minute walk from our hotel, opens at 7am. On this rainy day, I was entrusted with the task of getting everyone breakfast here. And this is my idea of a perfect breakfast (Sorry, no bread)!



Noisette - Almond biscuit topped with hazelnut cream and coated with a crispy layer of milk and almond chocolate. Last but not least, decorations with ganache flavored with hazelnut and milk gianduja cocoa. This is like having a premium version of a magnum ice-cream bar!



Equinoxe - The first signature pastry created for Pâtisserie Cyril Lignac. This is made with light Bourbon vanilla cream with fillings of salted butter caramel on a crispy speculoos biscuit. I love a silky smooth Bourbon vanilla cream! On any given day!



I swear I could taste something crunchy like almond dacquoise in the middle but I couldn't find it anywhere on its description.



Marron Mandarine - Light chestnut mousse and cream with tangerine compote and orange speculoos biscuit.



They have got an interesting blend of chestnut and tangerine here. I don't think I have had this combination before. It was a surprisingly good match though personally, I would still prefer their L'Equinoxe.



Like it's been written on their website, Pâtisserie Cyril Lignac's creations are steep in tradition with a modern touch. I just can't think of another way to put it.





Food Rating: 7/10
Price: €€€
Address: 2 Rue de Chaillot, 75016 Paris, France
Closest Metro Station: Alma-Marceau
Tel: +33 (0)1 5587-2140
Website: www.gourmand-croquant.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think