Friday, December 29, 2017

Izakaya Taisho Ken 3 (Paris, FRANCE) ★★☆☆☆

My life as a foodie is officially over tonight when I allegedly picked Japanese food over French cuisine in the world's culinary capital - Paris.



But I had no choice. My 2-year old had run out of his baby food so instead of foie gras, onion soup and escargots, I had to settle for some Japanese noodles (after failing to find a Chinese restaurant). Luckily, we were just around the corner from the opera house so it would be a very short walk to Little Tokyo (Rue Saint-Anne, if you're looking for the street name).



Fried gyoza - Izakaya Taisho Ken 3 looks like a family-run Japanese izakaya offering a little bit of everything (rice, noodle, meat, skewers etc.). Like any casual Japanese eatery, they have a decent fried gyoza. Or perhaps we were just too hungry.



Udon in chicken broth with prawn tempura, vegetables and seaweed - This one belongs to my little one although I did manage to steal a couple of prawn tempura from him. Not bad.



Yakiudon - A little soaky and bland.



Obviously, my kid loves Little Tokyo so much that he refuses to leave the place. 




Price: €€
Address: 11 Rue Sainte-Anne, 75001 Paris, France
Closest Metro Station: Pyramides
Tel: +33 (0)1 4296-2760


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think