Thursday, December 7, 2017

Jamie's Italian (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

Immediately after work, I went off to Harbour City for some early Christmas shopping. In order to avoid the crowd, I thought I made a pretty smart move to have a very early dinner before 6pm. There were numerous options available but I ended up picking Jamie's Italian thinking that they might be able to deliver a really quick meal.



Truffle tagliatelle ($188) - All I wanted was a simple pasta so this homemade tagliatelle with silky black truffle butter, aged parmesan, nutmeg and shaved black truffle should do the trick, I thought. But it turned out to be a pretty underwhelming dish. The lack of truffle flavors totally caught me by surprise and not to mention the overcooked pasta itself. It was a complete fail for me. 



Tiramisu ($78) - A bit of a modern twist on the Italian classic with orange mascarpone and chocolate. It tasted a bit like a chocolate brownie cake from my first bite but it was fine.



I have heard about their new Jamie's Deli which is now part of the restaurant serving some simple deli food including a number of salads, pizzas, bread, sandwiches and pastries. Didn't get the chance to try anything out as I was a bit pressed with time. Perhaps next time.




There're a lot of ways to spend $300 on a dinner at Harbour City but I'm afraid spending it at Jamie's Italian wasn't the wisest choice at all. Let's learn from the mistake and move on.

Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 412, Level 4, Ocean Centre, Harbour City, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 3758-3333
Website: www.jamieoliver.com/italian/hongkong


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think