Friday, December 29, 2017

Pierre Hermé (Paris, FRANCE) ★★★★☆

With most of the pastry shops in Saint Germain closed at around 7PM, I thought there was zero chance that my favorite patisserie (Pierre Hermé) would still be open at 7:30PM. But I couldn't be happier to find out that I was wrong.



It's been almost a year since I last visited a Pierre Hermé boutique so like a little kid went into his favorite candy shop, I walked in here with my eyes glowing in anticipation.



Odyssée (7.2 Euro) - There were some interesting new creations in there but I had my eyes on the chestnut themed Odyssée all the way. At first glance, I thought this would be a refined version of a Mont Blanc cake.

They had two crackers made with nuts, chestnut and a hint of caramel on the side and sandwiched in between were layers of chestnut cream, creamy mousse made with walnut water and lastly, nougatine with walnuts and Okinawa brown sugar. That's a lot of things stuffed inside a small package.

What I like about this dessert was the variety of pleasant textures all which were unsurprisingly chestnut or walnut flavored. It's perfect for those who love nutty desserts.



Caviar Petrossian (3.5 Euro) - A collaboration (silver colored ones) between world’s best chef patissier, Pierre Hermé and the caviar king, Armen Petrossian.



Here're three of my favorite macarons from the Picasso of Pastry, Caviar Petrossian (Silver), White truffle with hazelnut (Beige) and Foie gras and chocolate (Brown). While the white truffle and foie gras flavors have been around for a few years, the Caviar Petrossian made its debut this year. I thought the new kid on the block (Caviar) was seriously good. Just love the tiny seeds of the caviar delivering subtle bit of saltiness (like a real caviar) which were beautifully highlighted by the aroma of dried fruits and essence of green walnut.




Food Rating: 7/10
Price: €€€€
Address: 72 rue Bonaparte, 75006 Paris, France
Closest Metro Station: Saint-Sulpice
Tel: +33 (0)1 4354-4777
Website: www.pierreherme.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think