Sunday, December 31, 2017

Maison Landemaine (Paris, FRANCE) ★★★☆☆

Time is running out before all the restaurants, cafes, pastry shops and rotisseries close their doors in preparation for the New Year break. Luckily, I'm at the perfect spot to do some last-minute shopping as I was strolling around Rue des Martyrs ("Market street").



Rue des Martyrs is one of my favorite places to visit in Paris because there, I could always find all kinds of different food stores from bakery, patisserie to rotisserie, butcher shop, fruit and vegetable market.

I was fortunate enough to find a few pastry shops still open at this hour. My first stop was Maison Landemaine, a French bakery shop by Rodolphe Landemaine who used to work at Pierre Hermé, Paul Bocuse à Lyon and gastronomic restaurant Lucas Carton before striking out on his own in 2007 with his wife. 



Mont Blanc - After checking out various versions of Mont Blanc cakes from Ladurée, Acide Macaron, Des Gâteaux et du Pain and Pierre Hermé on this trip, I thought it's time for a more classic version. This came in a shortcrust pastry topped by whipped cream and a layer of rich chestnut cream. Pretty fulfilling.



Mille feuille - Another all-time classic. I thought the pastry was a little chewy after I left it sitting at my hotel for a few hours but the custard was alright.







Food Rating: 5/10
Price: €€
Address: 26 rue des Martyrs, 75009 Paris, France
Closest Metro Station: Saint Georges
Tel: +33 (0)1 4016-0342
Website: www.maisonlandemaine.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think