Saturday, March 11, 2023

OPPA Coffee Bar Restaurant (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

Little nugget has been telling me a lot about this Pororo black noodles of late and how much he craves for some. Since I was in Tsim Sha Tsui this afternoon, I thought I swing by Kimberly Street and see if I could get my hands on a few of these Korean black noodles.



While I was strolling around Kimberly Street, widely known as Little Korea (小韓國) of Hong Kong, I decided to pick up some take-away food for lunch. I don't really know any of these Korean restaurants by name. The easiest way to pick out a restaurant was to find one with the most customers inside 
 OPPA Coffee Bar Restaurant.



Kimchi volcano fried rice (泡菜蛋漿熔岩炒飯) 
– OPPA touted themselves as the first Korean restaurant to serve "Korean volcano" in town. Too bad the "volcano lava" (a cheesy egg sauce) already became a thick layer of scrambled egg when I got home. Not good!



Korean-style steamed dumplings (韓式蒸餃) 
– I had to wait a good 20 minutes for these. They were reasonably good but $180 for four pieces of dumplings. That's quite a lot.


Two dishes cost me nearly $400, that's the price tag of my Michelin-starred Roganic a couple of weeks ago. A bit crazy if you ask me.





Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: G/F, 1F Kimberley Street, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2386-2315
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 10:30pm (Mon - Thu), 12:00pm - 12:00am (Fri - Sat), 12:00pm - 11:00pm (Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think