Friday, March 24, 2023

Grindie 研香 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

The second leg of our doubleheader took place just across the street from where we just had our Korean dinner. It was a small Chinese dessert shop called Grindie (研香). Honestly, I have never dined at a restaurant situated on Hau Fook Street since I have moved back to Hong Kong but tonight, we were making it two in a roll.



Like I said, a very small (but clean and modern) place without a lot of space.



Tong yuan in ginger soup (
薑茶湯丸) – My friends who have been here before said this place is really good with the old-school stuff like glutinous rice balls (湯丸) and dessert soups (糖水) so this choice was a no-brainer.

Classic ginger soup with glutinous rice balls (very good size). I thought the ginger soup was pretty nice. The filling of the tong yuan wasn't bad too but the wrapper was a little thick for me. Mixed bag.



Black sesame soup with tofu fa (芝麻糊豆腐花) 
– I always wonder how this dessert works with the contrasting temperature. The warm black sesame soup was really nice and grainy with rich black sesame flavor. But blending with the cold tofu fa on the bottom, I thought they didn't really mesh together well.



One of the signature dessert soup here is their pistachio sweet soup but too bad it was already sold out. I guess a return trip for this baby is a must.





Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 7 Hau Fook Street, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2386-8806
Opening Hours: 1:00pm - 11:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think