Friday, July 29, 2022

Lady M Festival Walk (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I finally managed to decide what to do on my day-off this afternoon. After exploring the neighborhood in Shek Kip Mei which also included a late lunch at NMNL, I got re-acquainted with the old streets of Tai Hang Tong (大坑東), an area I should know pretty well from my primary school days in Hong Kong. That was when I got a ping from Jelloman saying that she wanted a cheesecake as tonight's late night snack. Although she claimed she wasn't particularly picky about where I got her cheesecake, I wasn't going to pick one up from Aroma for her. Instead, I decided to venture over to Festival Walk, which was just a station from where I was when I got the memo. 


I've already set my sight on getting our dessert from Lady M. The question is what...

Apart from the cheesecake, I also had other pastries in mind for my own. The new Hojicha mille crêpe cake got some consideration but I ended up going a different direction (more on that later).


Gâteau Nuage – Lady'M's “cloud cake” is one of my little nugget's favorite and I know Jelloman is a fan too. The old-fashioned cinnamon-kissed graham cracker crust always meshes well with the thick layer of airy cheese, and the thin layer of sweetened sour cream provided the perfect icing on the cake.


Green Apple Mousse Cake – Like I said earlier, I was going to get the new Hojicha mille crêpe cake but I changed my mind at the very last minute. This was just too cute for me to pass up. Another new creation from Lady M, this green apple mousse cake is a limited-time-only offering in the summer.

One of the lightest mousse cake I've seen in recent memory, it features a fruity and refreshing green apple jelly, placed on top of a layer of mascarpone cream cake and green apple mousse. And there is the small crumble on the bottom for some interesting bite. I'm happy that I have picked this one over the Hojicha mille crêpes (which is just another mille crêpes cake).








Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Unit UG-22, 80 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kowloon Tong
Tel: +852 2869-1368
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 9:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think