Monday, July 25, 2022

Beefbar (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Opened back in 2015, Beefbar Hong Kong is part of a well-established high-end steakhouse network which originated from Monte Carlo, Monaco. I narrowly missed out on a chance to dine there at their flagship restaurant in Monte Carlo in 2016 and little that I knew it would take me another 6 years to finally have my first meal at a Beefbar establishment. 


I have always been more of seafood lover than meat lover my whole life so this explained why I haven't been here all this time.


But I was craving for some premium beef this afternoon.


The bread was just average but it's more than enough to get the job done for someone who's been stuck at the dental office for nearly two hours.


Seabass tartare, edamame, yuzu broth – The sweetness of the incredibly silky seabass tartare was matched nicely by some sharp acidity from the yuzu broth and finger lime.


And there was the crunch from the edamame and watermelon chips for some extra bite.


Grilled Kagoshima striploin – I'm not leaving this place without some quality meat.


The mashed potato was so buttery but I had to avoid having too much of it since I'll be seeing my cardiologist in about a month!


The striploin was succulent and tender with minimal seasoning.


Very lovely charring on the outside while keeping a very tender texture in the middle. 


The charring outside provided the meat with some delicious smoky flavor. 


There was an extra miso dip served on the side in case I needed some rich flavors to go with my meat. Thanks but no thanks! When it comes to beef, I'm a purist so just some sea salt will do the trick for me.


Dessert was a simple tiramisu but since I already had enough sweets over the course of the weekend, I gladly said no and went straight for the bill instead.

This was a pretty nice first impression from Beefbar. I'm definitely interested in coming back again, hopefully for a multi-course meal.





Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: 2/F, Club Lusitano, 16 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central
Tel: +852 2110-8853
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 2:30pm, 6:30pm - 10:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think