Sunday, July 10, 2022

Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice 天天海南雞飯 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

And I thought I'm gonna get an easy Sunday after a pretty hectic evening at the Hong Kong Disneyland last night. But no such luck.

I have heard about this long time ago but Jelloman reminded me last night that we've got tickets to the newly opened Hong Kong Palace Museum (香港故宮文化博物館) this afternoon. The plan was to wake up early and arrive at Elements Shopping Mall around noon so we could have a quick lunch before our tour. I guess the days of having no plans on a Sunday are officially over.


Milk tea with tofu pudding (豆花奶茶) – Lunch at Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice (天天海南雞飯) was my idea (and it usually was on the weekends). I had to make sure that I got my caffeine fix, this one with a thin layer of tofu pudding on the bottom of the glass.


Tian Tian Wenchang Chicken (正宗海南雞) – And we won't be coming here without trying their signature Wenchang chicken. This was okay. Everyone was complaining about the small portion.


This guy didn't waste any time getting the chicken wing before anyone even noticed.


Braised beef brisket and tendon in stone pot (筋腩相逢) – I noticed they had changed the food menu a little bit and as a result, I got the names of these dishes all wrong. I swear this used to be called something else but it didn't matter as long as it arrived more or less the same as before (except the burdock strips on top; that's new).


Little one always loves his tendon.


Salted egg shrimp (黃金大蝦) – Not bad but some of us were complaining that the piece they got was actually zucchini hidden underneath the golden brown colored batter rather than shrimp.


Stir-fried lettuce pot (啫啫生菜煲) – Always a crowd pleaser. Very nice to go with my steamed rice.



Of course, the main event this afternoon was the long anticipated visit to the Palace Museum. I have been looking forward to it ever since Jelloman told me she's going to get ourselves some tickets months ago. Now we're finally here!







Food Rating: 5.5/10

Price: $$$
Address: Shop 1050A, 1/F, Elements, 1 Austin Road West, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kowloon
Tel: +852 3108-2182
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 3:45pm, 5:30pm - 9:45pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think