Saturday, July 9, 2022

Pici Pasta Bar Lai Chi Kok (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

With our plans to visit Disneyland in late afternoon, I was going to skip lunch today but at the end, I decided to head out for a quick bite.



It's been a while since I last visited my neighborhood pasta bar, Pici. Didn't realize that they are now offering a brunch deal for a starters, 2 pasta dishes and dessert (at a reasonable price). No wonder the place was so packed even at 3pm.


Vitello Tonnato – My bona fide No.1 choice for starter here. This was again very very good. The thin slices of veal were perfectly matched with that flavorful tuna mayonnaise and the Sicilian capers provided some lovely acidity to the dish.


Pappardelle Beef Cheek – The kitchen was likely very busy so I had to wait a bit for my two pasta dishes. The first to come was the pappardelle, which I thought was a little bit over-cooked. Not the usual perfectly al dente texture. The beef cheek ragu, onion, carrot and celery were fine.


Chitarra King Prawn – My second pasta dish was squid ink spaghetti with prawn, bisque, tomato, garlic and chili. 


I would love a little more heat in there but this wasn't bad.


They have two really good dessert options here. Today, I ordered their panna cotta to go so little one could finish the night with something sweet after his visit to the most magical place on earth. 





Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop G03, G/F, D2 Place TWO, 15 Cheung Shun Street, Lai Chi Kok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Lai Chi Kok
Tel: +852 2557-7227
Website: www.pici.hk
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 5:00pm - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think