Thursday, July 21, 2022

Fini's Italian American Wanchai (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Zamboni Driver and I have been going back and forth on the dates of our proposed lunch meeting for a while. After postponing it for a few times, we finally agreed to meet up this week near his new office location. Of course, I was too happy to know that he's now working in Wanchai which is much closer to where I hang out on a weekday.


Fini's Italian American was his idea and I have to admit, it was a great choice considering how much I love elevated red sauce Italian cuisine.


Salted egg spaghetti carbonara – A fusion dish featuring al dente spaghetti tossed with Hong Kong and Italian egg yolk, Parmesan cheese and crispy pepperoni.


The texture of the pasta was just beautiful. I am sure some might think it's a little on the hard side but for me, that was perfect. In fact, it was way better than what I was served at Pici a couple of weeks ago.


What also surprised me a bit was the spicy kick, presumably coming from the pepperoni, which made the dish even more intriguing.


Ovaltine Tiramisu – They had a layer of velvety Ovaltine custard in between the ladyfinger cookies.


We all knew these two would work well together. Personally, I thought it was heavier than most tiramisu but equally yummy.



This was a very good meal, I can't wait to see their new location at Elements Shopping Mall which is slated to open soon. 





Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 69 Stone Nullah Lane, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 3182-0128
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 10:00pm



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think