Friday, July 29, 2022

No Milkshake No Life Shek Kip Mei (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I'm having a routine day-off today. Nothing special on my agenda, no special lunch lined up. I am just going to take it easy; perhaps take in little nugget's swimming class in the morning.

After a more-hectic-than-expected morning that included some playing time with little one in the pool and a bit of office work done, it was time for lunch but wait.....it was almost 3pm already when I started changing!

Just before lunch, I decided to take a slow walk around the neighborhood that little one will be attending primary school starting in September. I also planned a quick lunch at No Milkshake No Life (NMNL) which is just a short stroll from the school. Like NMNL's flagship in Sai Wan, this branch in Shek Kip Mei is also located on a hilly slope. 


Surprisingly at 3:30pm, the diner was still at full capacity so I had to wait a bit for my table.


Serious industrial vibe here but they have put in some plants to make it more relaxing.


A meal at NMNL is of course not complete without a milkshake. I thought they used to have some funky flavors (of milkshakes) here before but not anymore. Instead, it was the usual suspects like chocolate, banana, Oreo, matcha and peanut butter. I ended up getting this Oreo shake which had the perfect velvety texture and I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't make it too sweet.


Looking forward to this.....


NMNL's Wagyu cheese and egg burger – Wagyu beef patty, caramelized onion, fried egg, lettuce, cheese and house-made sauce, served with fries. No tomato.


This was pretty tasty. The sunny-side-up egg worked well with the patty (which wasn't over-seasoned like most places). The house-made sauce was a mayo that wasn't too cheesy or overpowering (think gluey BBQ sauce); which otherwise would make the burger way too heavy.


The only mistake.....what happened to my fries? I hate having tacos and somehow they swapped my fries with taco without giving me a heads-up (no fries today?). That was disappointing. 



I have a feeling that I will be back pretty soon because of how close this to little guy's primary school. And I bet he would love to get his hands on one of NMNL's frosty shakes himself.






Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop G01, G/F Mei Kwai House, Shek Kip Mei estate, Shek Kip Mei, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Shek Kip Mei
Tel: +852 9816-3818
Opening Hours: 10:00am -6:00pm (Tue - Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think