Friday, October 30, 2020

Pici Pasta Bar Lai Chi Kok (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

My son was off to his Halloween party leaving old dad without any dinner plans tonight. But I wasn't worried a bit since I know I have quite a few options waiting for me. Finally, I decided to pay Pici Pasta Bar a long overdue visit. It's been a while since I last came for their freshly made pasta dishes and to my pleasant surprise, they already have a bar table ready for me after a very short wait.



They were making ravioli right in front of me. 


That would be a fine choice for my pasta dish?



Vitello Tonnato - I'm starting things off with their classic Vitello Tonnato as usual. The thin slices of veal were perfectly smothered in the pool of tuna mayonnaise, with the Sicilian capers providing some lovely acidity to the dish. Pretty nice.


Homemade linguini with mussels, prawn and pesto sauce - The freshly made pasta was tossed in a herby pesto sauce with prawn and mussels. The pasta was perfectly al dente; though I'm not a fan of pesto sauce, this was working much better than I have expected. Not bad. 


I'm cutting down on desserts these days so there will be no tiramisu for me tonight. Shame~


P.S. My digital camera hasn't been working properly the last little while so I have been substituting it with my iphone these days. Obviously, it's not working that well (as seen in the less-than-perfect photos above). Looks like I needed to act fast and get myself a new camera soon.



Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop G03, G/F, D2 Place TWO, 15 Cheung Shun Street, Lai Chi Kok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Lai Chi Kok
Tel: +852 2557-7227
Website: www.pici.hk
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 5:00pm - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think