Friday, October 2, 2020

Matchali Pacific Place (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I'm really looking forward to a long weekend full of activities. After a slow day spent at Festival Walk, we followed it up with a long anticipated trip to the Peak. But first a stop at Pacific Place to get ourselves some drinks and sandwiches for our picnic.

I was going to grab something from the Elephant Grounds pop-up but didn't realize it's already been replaced by Matchali, a brand which has been touted as the first home-grown contemporary matcha brand in the city, serving up healthy, modern drinks centred around matcha. 


Despite not being a big fan of matcha, I decided to chip in cuz I'm always into anything that's home grown.


There are some really innovative blends like Purple Lemonade Matcha, Starburst Matcha, Watermelon Passionfruit Matcha.


But no, I'm not going to be too adventurous today. Not when I will be spending the next few hours climbing the hilly roads to the highest point on the peak (not sure how I can find a toilet if I needed to).


Yes, a simple iced matcha latte ($55). This was a lot lighter than the typical matcha latte thanks to the plant-based milk that was used.


And what would our picnic be without some freshly baked cookies right? I have always wanted to try out Hong Kong's most Instagrammable cookies from Cookie DPT and I'm glad Matchali has them.


The "Red Velet" was easily the most eye-catching one but like I said, I'm not really feeling adventurous today so just an old-fashioned chocolate chip cookie would do the trick for me.


Crunchy outside and moist inside, with chocolate lava oozing out from the middle (love the hint of sea salt too!). Wow~ Now, I'm kicking myself for not getting a few more of these.


I was really really grateful for the perfect weather today. It wasn't all that hot and the wind was blowing from all angles.


It took us about 45 minutes to get to the top of the peak which wasn't bad considering how slow little nugget was walking.


We managed to find this picnic spot with nobody around us (almost nobody), which was great. And most importantly, everyone including little one seems to enjoy today's activities very much. That's really what it's all about - quality time together. 


This was taken when we were going down hill after the picnic. Little guy holding daddy's hand firmly. Suddenly, a chain of thoughts came to old dad's mind, "would he be holding my hands as firmly when I get old.....???". I bet not.....😆





Price: $$$
Address: Shop 200D, Level 2, One Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Admiralty
Tel: +852 9880-7661
Opening Hours: 8:00am - 7:00pm (Tue - Fri), 10:00am - 7:00pm (Sat - Mon)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think