Saturday, September 14, 2019

Baek Mi Dang 百味堂 at The Peak Galleria (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

We just came back from Seoul and Jeju Island less than a month ago and everyone's already missing the soft serves from Baek Mi Dang (百味堂). Luckily, they already have a number of outlets in Hong Kong including this latest one at The Peak Galleria.



Their dessert and drink menu looks awfully similar to the one we saw at Maison Glad Hotel in Jeju Island.



I noticed a number of new items added to their menu including a chocolate soft serve.



And this, the Canele Milk Shot. This reminded me so much of Dominique Ansel's famous milk and cookie shot.



But being the conservative person that I am, of course I'm getting something I'm very familiar with and that's their handmade tiramisu ($75). In a nutshell, this is really a decontructed tiramisu consisting of their famous milk soft serve dusted with cocoa powder, some ladyfinger biscuits (soaked in liquor) and what I thought was mascarpone cream. It does taste a bit like tiramisu but obviously without the layering effect.



I have always said Baekmidang is the best ice-cream producer from Korea but they're so hugely overpriced in Hong Kong. Thankfully, I got a coupon from the Peak Galleria that gave me an extra milk soft serve ($75 for the value of $75+$48=$123).

Price: $$$$
Address: Shop 106, 1/F, The Peak Galleria, 118 Peak Road, The Peak, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 5205-1327
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 10:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think